Are you in search of the best baby soap for eczema? If your baby’s skin is sensitive or eczema-prone that cannot bear harsh chemicals like VOCs or phthalates, then in this post, we round up some fantastic solutions for you. There is much best soap for babies with eczema that is present in the market, but it is impossible to know which one works best for your child because every child is different and unique. What may not work well for one child may work for another child.
There are certain features you should look for while purchasing the best soap for an eczema baby. All the baby soap for eczema listed here is the best and suits your child’s skin because they are free from harsh chemicals. So read on to learn more
Best baby soap for eczema
We already discussed that every baby is different, and the same goes for the skin. What may work for one baby may not work for another baby. So you may need patients to find out the best baby eczema bath wash for your young one.
I have done much research and listed some best soap for babies with eczema options for you. They all work best for babies suffering from eczema. I hope this article will help you know the right path to solve your young one itchy skin.
1. Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo
Aquaphor is a trusted brand in skincare. It is a mild 2 1 solution that gently cleanses your baby’s skin and hair without drying. It is mild and gentle for babies, Enriched with soothing Chamomile essence and Provitamin B5 to soothe eczema flare-ups.
Aquaphor baby eczema bath wash is tear-free, paraben-free, and fragrance-free, thus effective from head to toe. It is specially designed for your baby’s sensitive skin. This baby wash is in a large bottle and has a convenient pump-top, making bath time much more manageable with a wiggly baby.
Aquaphor baby eczema reviews are very positive. Many parents have watched their baby’s eczema disappear with regular use, making it an excellent choice for sensitive skin.
- Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo is a 2 in 1 solution formed primarily for the sweet moments of baby bath time.
- It is a gentle natural eczema wash. Extra mild tear-free formula is clinically proven to be gentle on a baby’s skin and scalp.
- Formulated with Chamomile essence and Provitamin B5 to soothe and cleanse baby’s skin and hair without drying or irritating
- It comes with a pump dispenser for convenient one-handed use.
- Best bath soap for kids. It is Preservative and fragrance-free, specially designed for your baby’s sensitive skin or babies suffering from eczema.
2. The Honest Company Free Shampoo + Body Wash
It is a gentle natural eczema wash derived from plant ingredients. Gently cleanse your baby from head to toe with fragrance-free Honest Shampoo and Body Wash. This hypoallergenic, tear-free cleanser features organic ingredients that will leave your baby feeling refreshed while protecting their delicate skin.
This product is free of many chemicals like paraben dyes, formaldehyde, fragrance and free from the MEA, TEA, and DEA. It is made up of water, Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice, citric acid, Glutamic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium benzoate, Cocos Nucifera Fruit Extract, Glycerine, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, which are safe and gentle on the skin.
- Made without sulfates or parabens. It cleanses your entire body from head to toe because of its gentle and mild 2-in-1 formula
- it is Perfect for the whole family, with nourishing organic botanicals to leave skin feeling soft and fresh
- Made without harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances
- Tear-free, hypoallergenic
- Pediatrically tested
- pH balanced
3. Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash with Organic Calendula
Calendula is an oil from a marigold plant. This oil has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is beneficial in healing wounds, claiming down eczema flare, and even diaper rashes. Studies reveal that Calendula works best to prevent dermatitis in breast cancer patients receiving radiation treatments, so Cetaphil baby eczema calming wash is also best for them.
Other ingredients Cetaphil baby eczema calming wash include Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glycol Distearate, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Sodium Chloride, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco-Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Heliotropine, Isopropyl Palmitate, Laureth-4, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate. Since all these ingredients are safe, So Cetaphil is for baby eczema.
Cetaphil for babies eczema is not tear-free, so be careful to use it around the eyes. This bottle does not require much force, so many products can sometimes come out from a little squeeze. In some children, it also causes dryness, so make sure to moisturize quickly after bathing.
- Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash: Blends organic calendula extract with baby lotion to wash away germs in 20 seconds and cleanse without drying
- Contains 1/3 Baby Lotion: contains 1/3 baby lotion blending into a creamy, lathering wash that gently cleans your baby’s delicate skin without drying.
- The expert care recommends Cetaphil Baby for your baby’s delicate skin.
- It has Organic Calendula, so it moisturizing wash rinses clean, leaving a soft, fresh scent.
- As it is Paraben free, colorant-free, mineral oil-free, and hypoallergenic so Safe and Gentle on the skin and the best eczema soap for babies.
4. Dr. Bronner’s – Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
People usually ask, is castile soap good for eczema? Over 90% of castile soap for eczema is certified organic and consists of plant-based natural oil formula. It does not contain any harsh chemicals and preservatives, so best for sensitive skin. Water, Saponified Organic Coconut & Organic Olive Oils (w/ Retained Glycerin), Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, Vitamin E are the main ingredients of dr Bronner’s baby soap eczema. So we can also say that it is organic soap for eczema.
Dr. Bronner’s baby soap eczema is environmentally friendly, using only vegan and biodegradable elements. It is useful at bath time and can be used around the house as an all-purpose cleaner that is safe and effective. This is super concentrated, so you can also dilute it with water and used for cleaning, laundry, and bathing. Castile soap for eczema is loved by many parents whose child is suffering from itchy skin because it is the only thing that works on their baby’s eczema.
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soaps are made up of over 90% organic ingredients. Over 70% of ingredients are certified fair trade, meaning ethical working conditions and reasonable prices.
- Castile Liquid Soaps are fully biodegradable because it uses all-natural, vegan ingredients that pose no threat to the environment. All the ingredients are never tested on animals and are cruelty-free.
- This is made up of plant-based ingredients you can pronounce—no synthetic preservatives, thickeners, or foaming agents—which is good for the environment and great for your skin!
- Dilute! And you can Multiple uses for just one product, laundry, mopping, hand-washing dishes, all-purpose cleaning, washing pets, and more. More soap per bottle means less waste in packaging!
5. CeraVe Baby Wash & Shampoo
According to the National Eczema Association, cerave body washes for eczema because it is the best soap for babies with eczema. It is enriched with vitamins that help to keep your little one’s skin hydrated and healthy. It does not contain any harmful or damaging ingredients like parabens, sulfates, or fragrance. So cerave for baby eczema.
Cerave baby soap for eczema has a unique formula that contains three different ceramides that work to maintain your baby’s protective skin barrier, locking in moisture and keeping irritants at bay, so considered the best soap for babies with eczema. You can also try cerave lotion for baby eczema or cerave cream for baby eczema with cerave body wash for eczema for best and effective results. It’s also hypoallergenic and comes in a handy pump bottle.
- Cerave body wash is a gentle and tear-free product. 2-in-1 baby shampoo and body wash that is hypoallergenic and free of fragrance, parabens, dyes, phthalates, and sulfates.
- It Forms a mild foam as you lather into the skin and rinses clean with no residue, leaving skin feeling hydrated and fresh, not stripped of moisture
- Cerave body wash is Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid to retain skin’s natural moisture and Niacinamide to help calm skin
- Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and makeup 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Gentle naturals eczema wash Accepted by the National Eczema Association. Suitable for eczema-prone skin for babies’, toddlers’, and children’s skincare
6. Mustela Bath Time Gift Set
One in five babies suffers from eczema. If your baby is one of those, then bath time is very stressful. You do not want to irritate your young one sensitive skin, but you want to ensure he gets clean. It is a very stressful situation. To deal with this situation, Mustela recently launched a product that was specially designed for babies suffering from eczema-prone skin. It is hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, Paraben-free, phthalate-free, phenoxyethanol-free. So Mustela for baby eczema.
In addition, it is also recognized by the National Eczema Association, so you know it is the best soap for eczema babies. Mustela also claims that if you have a family history of eczema, you can use this product on your child from birth to reduce the risk of your child developing this condition to 50%. People who suffer from this condition all of their lives might be a smart way to prevent your children from getting it possibly.
- Mustela bath time essentials set include four plant-based skincare products to keep your little one clean and moisturized during and in-between the bath time.
- It is packaged in a deluxe keepsake box so that you can use it as a baby shower gift.
- Each product is formulated with Avocado Perseose, a patented natural ingredient that helps you to protect and hydrate a baby’s delicate skin. Paraben, Phthalate, and Phenoxyethanol free, so consider as the gentle naturals eczema wash.
- It is t
- ested under dermatological and pediatric control and declared Paraben, Phthalate, and Phenoxyethanol free. It is Hypoallergenic and specially formulated to minimize the risk of allergic reactions.
7. TruBaby Soothing Hair and Body Eczema Wash
TruBaby is a pH maintained product, which means it matches the skin’s pH or controls it between 5.4 to 5.9. It is an essential aspect because sometimes products cause the skin to dry if it does not match with the skin type, especially sensitive skin. TruBaby PETA certified and is biodegradable with 100% recyclable packaging. This product is fragrance-free and unscented with Purified water, sodium cocoyl isethionate (coconut), oleyl betaine (palm), aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera), extracts of Calendula, chamomile, lavender, decyl glucoside (plant), borage oil, panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), citric acid, sodium benzoate (salt of benzoic acid), potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin (plant), Which means it is an organic soap for eczema.
Trubaby is easy to use; just pump it on your hands and wash the face and body of your little one with it after a day of play. It gently cleanses the sensitive, irritated, or cracked skin from eczema.TruBaby soothing is the best natural body wash for eczema. Follow immediately gentle natural baby eczema cream of TruBaby for a moisturizing barrier that eases and soothes skin discomfort or rash.
- TruBaby wash gently cleanses the sensitive skin suffering from eczema. It hydrated the skin while cleansing red, itchy skin, soothing that skin while supporting the skin’s barrier function.
- It is made up of genuinely natural and non-toxic, phthalate and Paraben free, and is 100% recyclable BPA-free packaging.
- Not only is this product unscented, but it is also naturally free of steroids and gluten, plus its non-drying, moisturizing formula helps reduce itching and flaking after the bubble bath.
- The TruBaby hair, hands, and body wash is Made in the USA and is pH balanced for a baby’s face and sensitive skin.
What should you look for in a baby soap for eczema?
When looking for the best baby soap for eczema, start your search product label and description. Some things you should consider are as follow; so read on to learn;
Make sure your baby is not allergic to any of the ingredients. If you are not sure, then systematically test the product to discover which one causes irritation. You can do a patch test to confirm either it is safe or not. Take a small amount of the product and apply it below the elbow or knee and leave the area unwashed for some time to watch the result. When removed, the product checks any redness, rash or irritation, or any other allergic reaction. It is best to always go with the best soap for a baby with eczema along with gentle natural baby eczema cream for the best results.
It is advised to stay away from alkaline or acidic soaps because they impair the skin barrier function by increasing the skin pH. Always look for a soap that is pH balanced.
Always look for the soap especially made for sensitive skin with mild natural agents or cleansers. In this post, we discuss gentle naturals eczema washes for you. Some of the ingredients that can be harmful are formaldehyde, propylene glycol, salicylic acid, and fragrance. Be Careful because formaldehyde can be listed under different names, which are as follow.
- Formic aldehyde
- Methyl aldehyde
- Methylene glycol
- Methylene glycol
Avoid industrial cleaners because they contain abrasive ingredients, such as petroleum distillates or pumice, which are very rough on the skin.
The dye causes an allergic reaction to your young one, so it is best to look for a stain-free baby eczema bar soap.
Look for a fragrance-free baby wash for eczema because fragrance also causes allergic reactions to your little one.
Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition that develops as a result of an immune system reaction to various substances, ranging from allergies to chemicals. It affects about 10 percent of people worldwide. Eczema creates rashes that maybe, red, itchy, scaly, dry, cracked, sore, or painful. For some, eczema is considered a chronic (lifelong) condition, with flare-ups taking a few weeks to subside with treatment. Many people — significantly, children are affected by this due to their sensitive nature. Although there is no proper cure for eczema, adequate care can help to reduce the flare-up.
This post summarizes all the best natural body wash for eczema that works best for little ones. There is no perfect product for everyone because one that works best for one can harm the other. So it is best to do a complete research about the product which you are going to order. I recommended you to order a product that fits your needs and give it a try. I hope this article helps you to find the best soap for a baby with eczema.