Jewelry is a precious possession of every girl, especially those jewelry items that are bought for special occasions. So what happens when a jewel falls out of your favourite necklace or earrings just before you are ready to go out? You will want to fix it because who would want to throw away a precious set of jewels. Therefore, if you are facing such a situation, buy the best glue for jewelry and save your day.
You will find various glues in the market but before buying you need to be sure of a few things like; what kind of material are you going to use it on. Also, you have to check the strength of the glue for a jewelry repair or jewelry making before you buy it; otherwise, the adhesive won’t be of any use if it cannot stick the gems and jewels properly.
We have gathered here a variety of all-purpose jewelry glues that you can buy on amazon. From best glue for jewelry fixing to glue for jewelry making. We also noted some of the main points that can help you in purchasing the best glue for jewelry making. Here is the list of the type of adhesives that you will find on amazon:
Top 8 Best Glue For Jewelry Reviews
1. Aleene’s Jewelry And Metal Glue
- It is the best glue for rhinestone on metal, plastic, leather and ceramic
- It becomes transparent after drying
- Firmly adheres rubber, gems, wires and metal
- It has a gel formula
Aleene’s is one of the most famous and well-known adhesive brands in the market. It is specially designed to adhere to gemstones and jewels on metal. You can use it for making and repairing jewelry. It dries quickly and sets the gemstones in place. It is the best glue for rhinestones on plastic, jewels on ceramic pieces and leather. It is the perfect glue for jewelry that forms a strong permanent bond when dried.
2. G S Hypo Applicator
- G S Hypo glue comes in a tube with essential applicator
- The applicator does not clog
- It dries fast and forms a strong bond
- It is a jewelry glue for pearls, gems, metal, plastic, rhinestones, glass and ceramic
It is a cement jewelry glue that was formulated initially for watchmakers to fix jewels in the watches. G S Hypo comes in a tube with a long narrow tip that makes the application more comfortable and precise. You can use this best glue for gemstones on wood, plastic, rhinestones, glass, ceramics and metals. It dries faster than other adhesives; also the narrow tip helps you to apply the glue with precision. It dries completely in ten minutes and forms an unbreakable bond within an hour.
3. Epoxy 330 Water Clear Adhesive
- Comes in two tubes that mix to form the glue
- Durable and robust glue for jewelry making
- It becomes clear when dries completely
- It gives a polished finish look
- Bonds metal, ceramic, gemstones, glass and other materials
- Hardens in 15 mins and sets in two hours
- It is waterproof
Epoxy is a heavy-duty and multi-purpose jewelry glue for stones. Epoxy 330 is known for its strength and durability, it can bind stones and pearls on metals. It is the favourite of jewelry crafters because it provides a neat finishing look with a hint of shine.
Moreover, the package includes two tubes; one is resin and another hardener. Mix the resin and hardener to make the glue. Once you have applied Epoxy glue on bails for jewelry making; leave it for 15 minutes for hardening. It ultimately sets in two hours.
4. E6000 Craft Adhesive
- It is an all-purpose epoxy for jewelry making
- It comes in a spray bottle and is easy to apply
- Dries like rubber and protect jewelry pieces
- Can be used on metal, glass, ceramic, masonry, leather and, plastic
- Begin to set on ten minutes
This craft adhesive is one of the best glue for jewelry that is used on an industrial scale. It works well on various surfaces and firmly adheres jewelry items. You can use it on surfaces like metal, wood, glass, ceramic and vinyl etc. E6000 is the best glue for stone to metal, glue metal to leather, pearls and fibreglass. It is excellent for making jewelry as it dries to give a neat finishing look.
Besides that, E6000 is a shock absorber as it dries like rubber; therefore, it can protect the gems and pieces of jewelry when they fall. In the first two minutes, it becomes viscous, and in ten minutes, the jewelry glue for pearls begins to set.
5. Gorilla Super Glue Gel
- This comes with a gel formula that only oozes out when pressed
- It features anti-clog cap
- This has strong resistance and extra strength
- Dries in 10 to 30 seconds
- It contains unique rubber particles
Gorilla super glue gel is formulated with no run control formula. It is one of the best glue for jewelry that can be used on vertical surfaces. Gorilla super glue is the best glue for metal jewelry as it contains rubber particles that increase resistance and strength of the bond. You can use it on various surfaces like wood, metal, plastic, leather, and paper.
Moreover, the Gorilla super glue gel features an anti-clog cap that keeps the glue runny and reusable. The superglue becomes translucent when it dries. It usually takes 30 seconds to set and complete 24 hours to fix completely.
6. Joligel Epoxy Resin UV Glue Kit
- It is a complete kit for making jewelry
- It is a non-toxic and odourless Epoxy resin
- The package comes with epoxy resin, UV lamp and open back bezels
- Dries completely in 5 to 30 minutes
- Does not crack with time
Create your jewelry with the Joligel best glue for jewelry. It comes in a package that includes transparent epoxy resin, mini UV lamp, decoration sets, tweezers, silicon moulds, eyelets, colour liquid pigments, bezels and no glue marks tapes. This epoxy resin is used for casting and coating; you can use this glue the way it is as there is no need for mixing.
Furthermore, it is convenient to use as it solidifies in 5 to 30 minutes. Joligel forms a more stable bond that does not crack with time. This jewelry glue for sterling silver is made of safe, non-toxic material that is odourless and scratchless.
7. MMOBIEL Super Glue
- Highly elastic and high performing self-levelling glue
- Can adhere to a lot of materials including jewelry and electronics
- Durable and stable
- Adheres firmly on porous and non-porous substrates
- Features precision tip for neat application
- Dries in 3 to 6 minutes
MMOBIEL is a high-performance glue that can adhere to many materials like smartphones, jewelry, toys, metals, electronic components and much more. It is a highly elastic jewelry glue for silver sterling, metal, pearls and gems. This super glue outperforms other adhesives as it has a greater tendency to stick things together.
Moreover, this semi-transparent content dries within 3 to 6 minutes and cures completely in 24 hours. It forms a very stable bond on porous and non-porous materials. It also features precision tips that ensure non-messy application and fine drops.
8. Judikins Diamond Glaze
- It dries into a clear glass-like solid
- It is water-soluble
- Can be mixed with various dyes and watercolours
- Glue beads, plastic, glass and glitter
- It is self-levelling product
Judikins Diamond Glaze is the best glue for pearls. It is a water-based adhesive that dries to form a glass-like finish. Although it becomes clear after drying, it still firmly adheres a lot of substances. This water-soluble glue for jewelry repair offers a lot of versatility like you can mix it with dyed-based colourful inks, pearlescent pigments and even watercolours. When you add water to it becomes thin and forms a lacquer-like finish. You can cling glass, plastic, beads, glitter and vellum with this glue.
Quick Tips On Jewelry Glue
Here are a few tips that can help you in repairing and making jewelry
- Try to buy a waterproof adhesive for jewelry, especially bracelets and rings.
- Go for the glue that is flexible for the jewelry items that move around a lot like bracelets and chains.
- Most of the jewelry glue dries transparent or translucent, but some are coloured if you are not looking for a coloured one make sure to read the reviews before buying.
- Select a washable glue if you are using it to stick jewels on fabric.
Selection Of The Right Glue:
You have to keep in mind a few things to buy the right adhesive for jewelry otherwise all your hard work and patience can go in vain. You should look for:
Drying And Cure Time Of Glue:
Some glues come with a drying time of minutes, yet others take hours to dry out. However, a glue completely cures after 24 hours of application. If you are in a hurry, look for the adhesives that dry and set quickly.
Jewelry glues come with applicators or nozzles that ensure precision, whereas some adhesives are not so user-friendly. Go for the one that comes in a tube and is easy to apply as you only need a small drop of glue to attach pearls and gems on jewelry.
Hopefully, so far, you would have got the idea about the different glues that can be used for jewelry making and repair. Each adhesive has its own set time and strength. However, Aleene’s jewelry glue is one of the most loved glues in the market; it is the best glue for elastic bracelets. But still, you will need to give a proper setting time to every glue to get the best results.
Moreover, read the directions to use the glue carefully before applying it on your jewelry otherwise, you can mess it all up because you have to save your favourite piece of jewellery not mess it up.